Torbay is now a ‘full service’ Universal Credit area. This means that how you apply for help with paying your rent has changed and this may no longer be Housing Benefit depending on your circumstances.

Please answer the following important questions to help you claim correctly:

  • Are you of Pension Age? Or if you are a couple are you both of Pension Age? Visit Check your State Pension age to find out your pension age.
  • Are you currently living in any of the following properties?
    • Supported accommodation which provides you with support as part of your tenancy agreement, or Domestic Violence Refuge
    • Temporary accommodation where you have been placed by the Local authority
How have you answered the above questions? *(Select an option and click Next)